Beamdog is looking for an experienced Lead programmer to help us transform classic games into modern masterpieces.
You'll get to help us bring classic Infinity Engine games to console, working alongside a team of designers and artists as we engineer an all-new way to enjoy these games. You'll work on cool new products for Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Xbox One and more! Our ideal candidate is interested in taking on complex challenges associated with transporting beloved games to modern hardware.
Your skills as a Lead Programmer will be put to use by leading and mentoring an enthusiastic and talented team of developers as you take on a leadership role in the technical development of existing and new Beamdog projects.
Are you ready to help define the next generation of games? This position is for you!
- Lead the technical development of existing projects
- Lead a team of programmers as you ensure technical excellence in assigned projects.
- Maintenance of existing game code (C, C++)
- Development of new game specific features and enhancements
- Porting of existing codebases to new platforms
- Take on leadership role in the technical development of any new Beamdog projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in computer sciences or computer engineering.
- Proven experience leading and coaching a team to success
- 3+ years working in an agile development, preferably in a leadership position.
- Experience with C and C++
- Experience with Lua
- Experience in the game development industry, executing a title from conception to completion.
- Experience with Console and Tablet platforms
- Experience maintaining a live project
- Experience in computer network programming
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet.
We offer the following perks:
- Healthcare Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Lunch & Learns
- A Great Community: Be sure to bring your D&D or Frasier RPG character!
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com